Requirements For Police Officer
Requirement for Police Officer
- Candidates must be a resident of New York State in
either Albany, Schenectady, Schoharie, Montgomery or
Saratoga County for at least one (1) month immediately preceding the date of the
examination. Preference will be given to applicants who are residents
of the Town of Rotterdam for at least four (4) months prior to the date
of the examination.
- Candidates must be at least nineteen (19) years old
on or before the date of the exam and must have reached his/her
twentieth (20) birthday to be certified eligible for appointment.
- Candidates must have completed thirty (30) college
credit hours from a regionally accredited or New York State registered
college or university.
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid New York
State driver license.
- Candidates are required to satisfactorily complete an
oral interview board, medical exam, psychological exam,physical fitness
screening and background investigation.
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete
a 24 week police academy.
Rotterdam Police is a New York State
Accredited Agency since
benefits include half pay after 20 years of service and an additional
1/60 added for each year after 20 years
- 2 weeks
vacation after 1 year of service.
- Four (4) paid
holidays a year, double time pay for holidays worked.